No one should have to make the choice between paying their rent or buying food, but as unemployment increases due to COVID-19, and food costs continue to rise, that’s what’s happening. Many families are struggling to keep food on the table and children need support to make sure they are nourished and ready to learn. To help support children in need, click here.
- Food, shelter push inflation in Canada to 6.8% in April: Statistics Canada | Global News
- Canada’s inflation rate now at 30-year high of 5.7% | CBC News
- Canada’s inflation rate rises to 5.1% — highest since 1991 | CBC News
- Milk prices soar across Canada as record price increases for farmers kick in | Global News
- Dairy and fresh produce prices expected to soar as Canada’s inflation hits 30-year high | Toronto Star