More Ways to Donate
By donating to the Toronto Foundation for Student Success (TFSS), you will help to improve the lives of children. Every donation is appreciated and no donation is too small to have an impact. Together, we can make a difference.
The TFSS is the registered charity of the Toronto District School Board but operates independently. Our administration costs are less than 6% which allows us to invest a minimum of 94% of all funds raised in most programs and a full 100% in others.
Along with regular donations, you can donate in a number of additional and convenient ways detailed below:
Play an even bigger role in a child’s life by making a biweekly donation through your employee contribution plan.
As an educator or a member of staff, you already know how important your role is to the well-being and future success of our students. Now, you can play an even bigger role by making a weekly donation through the TDSB Employee Contribution Plan. For as little as $1.00 per week, you’ll be making a huge difference in the lives of many wonderful children. Our administration fee is less than 6% and for student nutrition, a full 100% of every donation goes directly to the programs.
Or, follow these two easy steps to set up payroll contributions via postal mail:
- Fill out the form below and submit it to our team. If you’d prefer to download a paper copy and fax in your sign-up form, please download the form here.
- Mail the completed tear off portion to:
Toronto Foundation for Student Success
2 Trethewey Dr, 4th Floor
Toronto ON M6M 4A8
Or fax it to us at 416-394-6881
Payroll Contribution – Outside Organizations
If you are not a TDSB employee, but would like to start an employee payroll contribution program at your place of work, we’ll be happy to assist you! Please contact us to make arrangements.
Gifts of Securities
Take advantage of tax benefits by donating appreciated shares or mutual funds.
Donating publicly-traded shares or mutual funds to TFSS offers you a cost-effective way of making a gift. This gift of securities is an opportunity to transform an asset into immediate and significant support for TFSS.
- The option of donating part of your stock and holding the remainder for personal use
- You pay no tax on the capital gains that have accumulated on the securities
- Your charitable tax receipt will reflect the closing market value of the shares on the day which the securities are transferred to TFSS’ brokerage account
- Knowing that your donation will immediately help improve the health and well-being of our children.
How to Donate Securities
- It is important to seek the advice of your financial advisor when making a donation of securities including which investments will make the most charitable and financial impact
- Complete the Gift of Securities Transfer Form. Please note in order to receive a tax receipt, this form must be completed and sent in to the TFSS Finance Department
- Instruct your broker to transfer your securities directly to the Toronto Foundation for Student Success.
For more information, please contact our Financial Controller at (416) 394-6883 or by email.
Give In Honour or In Memory
A meaningful way to give.
A gift made in a loved one’s name is a heartfelt way to celebrate the important people in your life and significant occasions like a birthday, wedding, anniversary, or graduation. Your gift can also be made in memory of a loved one and can create a lasting legacy in their honour.
You’ll receive a tax receipt for your contribution and your donation will help remove barriers that prevent vulnerable children from reaching high levels of achievement.
A gift in honour or in memory of a loved one is easy to do. You can donate online or by calling (416) 394-6880.
Charitable Registration Number: CRN # 88903 6455 RR0001.
Tax receipts will be issued for all donations made to TFSS.
If you wish to donate directly by cheque please make it payable to the Toronto Foundation for Student Success and send it to us at:
Toronto Foundation for Student Success
2 Trethewey Drive, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M6M 4A8
Or download our donation card:
For any questions, or for more information on donations, please contact us.