We had the pleasure of speaking to Cassandra Public School during their monthly Sharing Assembly. The students at Cassandra have been busy this year, participating in the Red Nose Campaign and cheering on the Marlies at our annual TDSB/TFSS Day at the Marlies. Both fundraising initiatives helped to raise money for the urgent needs of students across our city. The bright-eyed and engaged students at Cassandra were thrilled to hear about how their donation dollars are helping students across Toronto. Special thanks to Ms. Mallet and her students for spearheading the Red Nose initiative. We couldn’t do it without supporters like you!
- Food bank usage across Canada hit all time high, nearly 1.5M visits in March: report | Global News
- Food keeps getting more expensive even as overall inflation slows | CBC News
- Groceries are too expensive — here’s who’s paying the price | Toronto Star
- One in six households in Ontario is now struggling with food insecurity. Here’s why it’s going to get worse | Toronto Star
- Toronto student nutrition programs face ‘critical year’ due to rising food prices | CBC News