We had the pleasure of speaking to Cassandra Public School during their monthly Sharing Assembly. The students at Cassandra have been busy this year, participating in the Red Nose Campaign and cheering on the Marlies at our annual TDSB/TFSS Day at the Marlies. Both fundraising initiatives helped to raise money for the urgent needs of students across our city. The bright-eyed and engaged students at Cassandra were thrilled to hear about how their donation dollars are helping students across Toronto. Special thanks to Ms. Mallet and her students for spearheading the Red Nose initiative. We couldn’t do it without supporters like you!
- Food insecurity among Canadian school-age children jumps by nearly 30% | Toronto Star
- Advocates, teacher unions call for free school breakfast, lunch for Ontario students | CityNews
- Rising food prices hit more than your grocery bill | About That
- Promise for more national school food program funding falls through the cracks in federal budget | Globe and Mail
- Food inflation in Canada shows signs of easing, but grocery prices to remain high | CP24