The Government of Canada has announced the creation of a National Food Policy, including its “intention to work with provinces and territories towards the creation of a National School Food Program.” We are proud to be part of a coalition of organizations right across Canada who have worked for many years to ensure that no child starts their school day hungry. We are also extremely proud of our Government’s initiative.
- Toonies For Tummies – Breakfast Television interview with The Grocery Foundation
- Breakfast Club of Canada calls on Federal Government to follow through on funding for a national school program
- Food forecast shows Canadians will pay more for meat and vegetables in 2020 | Toronto Star
- Jump in food banks use called “canary in the coal mine” | Toronto Star
- This is what it’s like to parent when you’re struggling to make ends meet | Today’s Parent