At Thorncliffe Park Public School, students aren't just being equipped with reading, writing and arithmetic skills – they're also being equipped with the fuel to help them focus. This year the school's morning meal program has expanded to serving all Grade 1 to 5 students every day; the program began last year handing out the healthy snacks three days a week.
- Food bank usage across Canada hit all time high, nearly 1.5M visits in March: report | Global News
- Food keeps getting more expensive even as overall inflation slows | CBC News
- Groceries are too expensive — here’s who’s paying the price | Toronto Star
- One in six households in Ontario is now struggling with food insecurity. Here’s why it’s going to get worse | Toronto Star
- Toronto student nutrition programs face ‘critical year’ due to rising food prices | CBC News