On May 5, students of Ms Persaud’s business class at York Mills CI organized Viva York Mills! a Las Vegas-themed event to benefit the Hope in Action Emergency Fund. Over 500 tickets were sold and the evening showcased some tremendous local student and staff talent. In addition to ticket sales, donations were solicited from local businesses and students held raffles, sold novelty photos, caricatures, as well as food and beverages. A semester’s worth of hard work and planning were rewarded with $5,000 in proceeds. Combined with a matching grant from Johnson Insurance Inc., the event produced $10,000 for the Emergency Fund.
- School Meal Program on Menu in Manitoba Next Fall | Winnipeg Free Press
- A national school food program would do more than feed students | Policy Options
- Ontario to Invest $5 Million in Student Nutrition Programming | A Statement from SNO
- Food insecurity among Canadian school-age children jumps by nearly 30% | Toronto Star
- Advocates, teacher unions call for free school breakfast, lunch for Ontario students | CityNews