TFSS deliberately hires international doctors to screen the vision of children in the city’s less affluent neighbourhoods. It’s a win-win for students and immigrants. Three years into the program four full-time and six part-time IMG staff screen over 18,000 kids annually. The work is an opportunity for international doctors to get experience to help them enter the medical system and for those who can’t get in, because spots are limited, it demonstrates the potential to engage international doctors in meaningful healthcare work. TFSS is the arm’s length charitable foundation of the Toronto District School Board.
- Ontario Supports Children and Youth During COVID-19
- Deepa Prashad on the Food for Kids initiative | Breakfast Television
- The City of Toronto supports nourishing children during the COVID-19 crisis
- Food prices set to rise amid COVID-19 crisis | Toronto Star
- Toonies For Tummies – Breakfast Television interview with The Grocery Foundation