Gifts of Securities
Take advantage of tax benefits by donating appreciated shares or mutual funds.
Donating publicly-traded shares or mutual funds to TFSS offers you a cost-effective way of making a gift. This gift of securities is an opportunity to transform an asset into immediate and significant support for TFSS.
- The option of donating part of your stock and holding the remainder for personal use
- You pay no tax on the capital gains that have accumulated on the securities
- Your charitable tax receipt will reflect the closing market value of the shares on the day which the securities are transferred to TFSS’ brokerage account
- Knowing that your donation will immediately help improve the health and well-being of our children.
How to Donate Securities
- It is important to seek the advice of your financial advisor when making a donation of securities including which investments will make the most charitable and financial impact
- Complete the Gift of Securities Transfer Form. Please note in order to receive a tax receipt, this form must be completed and sent in to the TFSS Finance Department
- Instruct your broker to transfer your securities directly to the Toronto Foundation for Student Success.
For more information, please contact our Financial Controller at (416) 394-6883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
02 Mar21 FebNews07 Feb02 Feb09 Jan03 Jan03 Jan